Sunday, November 27, 2016

Roger's Outdoor Notes

ATTENTION ALL HUNTERS AND TRAPPERS!! My land has way to many Coyotes on it and sometimes in the early morning hours you think there was over a few thousand of them howling in the woods. I want them out of the woods and land. Only one deer was taken out of the woods this year and even some of the neighbors reported they didn't see any deer either, because we think it's because of the coyotes. I really would like to treat them as wolves, so I think you get my drift. Several people who had permission to hunt on my land reported also seeing way to many of these critters. So contact me if you want to have some fun killing off these pests, I want my deer back on my land. Thanks!

FISHING in the local rivers has been spotty at times, as I have been seeing fishermen in the EAST and WEST TWIN rivers this past week and in the MANITOWOC river also. Manitowoc river produced a few bites, but there's nothing great about it.

Have some of you noticed that the number of geese are getting a little bit smaller around the northern half of the county, but the fields near Manitowoc are sure full.

THE FRIENDS OF THE BRANCH RIVER WATERSHED, are planning their Winter Luncheon for Dec. 4, 2016 at Gill's Restaurant in Whitelaw starting at 12pm when the doors open and lunch will be served at 12:30pm and the cost is FREE. This is FREE to members and their immediate families. If you are not a member yet, well now is a prefect time to sign up for your membership or give one as a gift to someone you would like to ride along to meetings or events with. Memberships as a Friend costs between $20-$99, River Protector is $100, Champion is $500, and you could also make a General Donation $______ or a Youth Fund Donation $_______.  Send your membership and checks into: Friends of the Branch River (FOBR), P O Box 301, Whitelaw, WI 54247. Dues are tax deductible due to their 501 (C) 3 status.  Any questions you have contact Emily Endter at 920-323-3486 or call Al Klingeison at 920-901-5166.

No comments:

Post a Comment