Sunday, December 18, 2016

Roger's Outdoor Notes

CHRISTMAS TIME:  I had the opportunity to speak with several people around the state and I asked them what they planned on getting for Christmas. Everything from more guns, ammo and hunting or fishing equipment for themselves or the children or grandchildren.  They think like I do. Many of you are older sportsmen and like what was said to me at our Director's meeting on Wednesday, we all need to get more youth involved in the outdoors and sportsmen clubs. Something brought up to me is having a program that is geared for all people, but something they can talk about once leaving a meeting. I remember as a youth going to a meeting with my dad and either at the beginning or after the meeting, they had a speaker(s) or a movie about conservation. I remember being in charge of the movie and I use to have a ton of them, but my dad gave a lot of them away at one time. So I am asking you the readers, what would you like to see at a sportsman club meeting? E-mail me at roger@VLoutdoormedia.com and please let me know what you would like to see to improve the Sportsman club meetings and get more youth involved in conservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment