Sunday, March 12, 2017

Roger's Outdoor Notes

OUTDOOR NEWS:  Congratulations to the Kiel Fish & Game club for the wonderful banquet they put on. WOW! What a night. Doors open up at 4:45pm and they had people lining up around the Millhome Supper Club well before that time. Some people said they were in line for an hour waiting for the doors to open. I never saw a banquet with so many firearms and prizes given out. If my figures are correct, there was over 78 firearms given away, and I could be missing a few. Then there was the Tool Raffle with two winners and it was amazing. Another raffle I thought was nice was the $1,000 Shopping Spree with three winners. 1st got $500, 2nd for $300 and 3rd for $200. These were pre-paid cards. If I remember correctly there was 31 Crap-A-Duck raffles with two winners per game each getting $100. The Highlight of the Raffles I think was the Surprised Boxes #1 and #2. In talking to some of the guys sitting at my table they claim each box had near $4,000 in prizes in each box including one gun in Box #1 and two guns in Box #2. Sportsmen, I didn’t see a single firearm I would say is a cheap one. Almost every firearm was the top of the line kind. The most interesting and exciting part of the night was an auction item shaped like an American Flag waving in the wind and cut out of metal and painted. It sold for $2,500 with the money going to the Wounded Warriors Group. I witnessed for the very first time the whole banquet hall standing up and applaused the buyer of the item. What a great bunch of Americans to support our Wounded Veterans. Cannot wait until next year’s banquet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment