Sunday, November 5, 2017

GATCO SHARPENERS MAKE YOUR GUTTING AND SKINNING JOB EASIER = ROGER'S OUTDOOR NEWS

Well, here we are in the middle of the archery season and I have seen some nice looking bucks taken so far. I also want everyone who is driving down the highways to keep your eyes open for the deer as they are starting to get that mating feeling, the RUT.

I had one of my friends over the other day and we were talking about the most important item to have with you when you go hunting. Yes, a gun or archery equipment is a plus, but what about a very sharp knife. One of the guys shot a nice buck the other night and the knives they had go so dull within minutes of using them. I asked him if they had a steel with them to reshape the cutting edge of the blade and the answer was what I expected, NO!

Over all the years of teaching hunter education, I always made sure the students knew how to sharpen their knives and the importance of having a sharp knife. Remember this, sharp knives do not cut you, only dull one do.

Over the years I have tried many different types of sharpers and the best one I found was made by the GATCO company, now owned by Bear & Son Cutlery in Jacksonville, AL. If you want to see some really great knives and sharpeners the website is   www.bearandsoncutlery.com.

Enclosed is a photo of a company salesman explaining how to use one of the best in the field sharpeners made today. It is also a great survival tool and both boys really enjoyed getting one of them for their hunting packs. If you are looking for a really easy way to sharpen your knives, please look at the GATCO sharpeners from Bear & Son Cutlery. Like I said, I have been using their products for over 20 years and I have never found anything better today, so please look at their web site and pick out the sharpener of your choice to fit your needs. Remember, the only way to get a gutting or skinning job done fast and easy is with a sharp knife, and now you have no excuse for having a dull knife anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment