Saturday, November 18, 2017

SHARPEN YOUR KNIVES BEFORE GOING AFIELD == ROGER'S OUTDOOR NEWS

Here we are on opening morning and I all ready received a call to help out with bringing my knife sharpener kit to sharpen some knives of a group of guys I know real well. Seemed someone in the group forgot one thing, to sharpen his knives and now they shot a deer and the knife was so dull you couldn't cut butter with it. He had been using it to cut plastic on the cow feed bags and never thought it was that dull.

Once I again, I was called on to use my GATCO sharpeners and this is the unit that I use in the field when you need to make sure you have a very sharp knife at all times. Trust me sportsmen, this is one of the best units you can have in your outdoor kit. I love this unit so much, as even a young child can use it without making a mistake. In fact, my grandsons all had to use my unit to make sure their knives are sharp and ready for the hunting season at all times. Remember, it's not a sharp knife that will cut you, only a dull one will do that.

Below is the unit of GATCO sharpener I use all the time, and it's about time for me to purchase another one, as my stones are just about gone. I just love these GATCO sharpeners and I will always use them like I have for the past 20+ years. Buy one or several for the Christmas gift that keeps on giving year after year.  Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment